Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes Washington, by Martin Volken and the Guides of Pro Guiding Service
Washington’s Cascades, Olympics, and Mount Rainier are prime destinations for backcountry ski and snowboard adventure, and I am proud to be a co-author with an incredible team of guides from Pro Guiding Service.
The all-new guidebook includes 80 routes throughout the state — plus one in British Columbia! — Ideal for intermediate to expert skiers or snowboarders. It features routes ranging from accessible day trips suitable for relative beginners to more challenging multiday traverses. It’s a guide to the very best routes available to skiers and boarders throughout the state. Each route includes the following elements:
* Starting elevation and high point
* Elevation gain and loss
* Route distance
* Time required
* Recommended skill and fitness levels
* Best season to ski
* Maps and permits info
* Driving directions, from nearest major town or junction
* Detailed route description
* Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes: Washington also includes an introduction by legendary Northwest skier Lowell Skoog.
Get your copy here from Pro Ski and Mountain Service!